Congratulations on choosing Blumira! In a matter of hours—not months—you will begin seeing the security value of deploying Blumira's robust threat detection and improving your organization's security posture.
After logs start flowing to Blumira, our detection rules will automatically identify activity and alert your team.
Note: This article assumes you have completed the procedure in Signing up for Blumira.
Activating and managing your account
To activate your Blumira account:
- In your email inbox, locate the account verification email that Blumira sent you.
- Follow the email's instructions to verify your new account.
- Set a password for your personal login credentials.
- Log in to the Blumira app.
- Complete MFA setup when prompted.
After you successfully log in, update your settings:
- In the Welcome window, under "What is the name of your organization?", type your organization's name, then click Submit.
Note: You can keep the default name "<email address> Sandbox" if you prefer, or update it any time in Settings > Organization > Organization Details.
- Click to open Account Settings.
- Type your First Name and Last Name, then click Save.
- Click to open Notification Settings, where you can manage your personal notification information and preferences.
Reference: Read About user notifications to understand how these settings help you and your team to respond to Blumira findings.
- (Optional) Navigate to Settings > Organization > Organization Details, type a short name and/or the web domain for your organization, then click Save.
Sending logs to Blumira
Complete the steps in Integrating with Microsoft 365 to begin sending your logs to Blumira.
Note: See Verifying that a Cloud Connector integration was successful for steps to check that the logs are reaching Blumira.
Building your Blumira response team
Important: Users cannot self-join the new account. As the account administrator, you must add users within the app, which will send invitation emails to them to access the account.
To build your Blumira response team, complete the procedures in these articles:
Get familiar with the additional features in the app that you can use to review your data and manage the settings for your organization:
- About Blumira findings
- About the Summary dashboard
- Using the Report Builder
- About Blumira roles
- Updating billing information